Helmet impact Tester can evaluate the impact performance of various helmets under a wide range of test conditions. Compliance with national and international standards is assured with the full compliment of impact head forms, data acquisition and measurement systems. Testing time is reduced and data reporting is greatly simplified with the integrated software and electro-mechanical systems.
The impact attenuation performance of a helmet is evaluated by releasing the helmet from a specific height in guided freefall onto an impact anvil. The forces transmitted to the head form are measured with an integral accelerometer and compared to performance limits.
The impact tower consists of a concrete pedestal, a linear bearing rail, lift carriage, drop carriage and lift motor. The technician positions the test helmet on the head form mounted to the drop carriage and enter the desired drop velocity into the program. The drop carriage is automatically lifted to a height corresponding to the desired impact velocity. The drop tower can also be used to perform penetration tests. A large batch of helmets can be easily tested by entering the identification number into the custom software database. The number of impacts, test sites, description of impact location, impact anvil, drop mass, drop, velocity, type of standard and type of head form used are variables that can be set for each helmet tested. The drop tower complies with helmet test standards stipulated by ASTM, CPSC, CSA, DO, ECE, Snell and other organizations.
- Motorized winch to lift helmet carriage
- Monorail tower can be supported or self-supported
- Twin wires optional
- High Speed Data Acquisition up to 400kHz
- Linear Sensor with Resolution of 0.01cm and High Speed measurement rate of up to 10m/s
- High-speed fiber optic velocity gate
Custom Software :
- Graphical user interface and intuitive layout
- Automated data collection, data analysis and reporting
- Allows testing of multiple helmets
- Integrates with Dak’s helmet retention test systems, stiffness tester and mass properties instrument.
- User's manual
- On-site installation and training is included.
- Specifications are subject to change.