Split capstan grips are typically used for tensile test cordage, rope, flat strapping and similar flexible materials that might be otherwise difficult to grip without creating undesirable stress fake watches concentrations and premature failures. Split capstan design exerts constant closing pressure to prevent specimen slippage. Capstan can also be configured to accommodate a variety of flexible replique montrestrapping material. The capstan grips can be sized and configured for the particular application.
Split capstan grips are designed to permit faster, easier testing of twisted or braided cords. These grips are designed to permit replica watches uk predetermination of specimen length, and allow quick, convenient loading.
Capstan grips rely primarily on friction to hold the specimen. The end of the specimen is clamped lightly between the fixed and movable halves of the split capstan. This holds the specimen in replica watchesplace while it is being installed. Ample radii are provided where the specimen then wraps around the capstan half.
Typically the circumference and the clamping region of each capstan grip is thermal-sprayed with tungsten carbide particles, of a coarseness appropriate to the particular application. This coating greatly increases rolex replica watches the effective coefficient of friction of the grips, and thus the holding power. However, for some applications, smooth surfaces are both sufficient and desired.
- Rated capacity: 2.5 kN (250 kgf, 500 lbf)
- Fast easy loading
- Minimizes jaw breaks
- Allows predetermination of specimen length
- Percentage Elongation
- Tensile Strength
- Yield Stress
- Percentage yield point extension
- Proof Stress
- Maximum force
- Young’s Modulus of Elasticity
- Also to hold a polished metal plate for 180 degrees peel tests on pressure sensitive tapes etc.
- Maximum Capacity 2.5 kN (250 kgf, 500 lbf)
- Mechanical Connection
- Upper Fitting 1/2 in clevis pin (Type Dm)
- Lower Fitting 1/2 in clevis pin (Type Dm)
- Weight (Upper Grip) 10 kg (22 lb)
- Working Principle Pneumatic single moving face clamping
- Maximum Sample Thickness 3.2 mm (0.125 in)
- Minimum Sample Diameter/ Thickness 0.5 mm (0.02 in)
- Operating Temperature Range -73 °C to +316 °C (-100 °F to +600 °F)
- Minimum sample length at zero grips separate
- Cords 480 mm (18.9 in)
- Tapes 500 mm (19.7 in)
- Minimum Daylight Required240 mm (9.5 in)
- Gripping Surface Grooved (optionally smooth)
- Length (L) 130 mm (5.1 in)
- Depth (D) 70 mm (2.76 in)
- Width42 mm (1.66 in)